Political science is the subject that sends shivers down student’s body. The reason is simple, writing essay on politics science, such a delicate subject requires nerves.
While not all topics in politics are hard toned, most of them have lightweight, as light as a feather waving with the breeze, but a few of them require continuous research, a keen eye, and a sharp observation. That’s where the students suffer, but don’t worry political science essays aren’t as complicated as many students have thought. There are certain guidelines and tips and if you follow them, you can easily write an excellent political science essay.
Let’s discuss these evergreen instructions on writing political science essays.
List of problems students face while writing political science essays:
For the sake of student’s understanding, I have broken the guidelines into problems and solutions. First we will discuss the most common problems that the students face. Next, we will focus on their solutions and come up with some tangible ones that the students can use to produce excellent write-ups on political science.
- Do n’t know where to begin: First problem is that most students have no idea where to begin their essay assignment tasks. They think they don’t have enough information.
- Organizing the information: the Second issue that often occurs even with high achievers is that they can’t organize the information. There is a lack of coherency and solid arguments.
- Most students feel that there is a lack of relationship between facts and expressions in politics and they can’t work it out. The usual dilemma, “Do they need my opinion, or can I write what the professor taught in class today?”
- Where to stop: Unlike practical science assignments, the problem with political science, which is a field of social science, is that student’s don’t
know whereto stop the assignment. Most of the questions professors have asked arejust too vague and providing a small answer to such a subject is reallyhard for students especially when they don’t know how much numbers theywill get for the answer.
- Research for the topic:
Another issuewith most students is that they don’t know where to look for information. Instead of coming up with their own conclusion, most students simplycopy the topic and paraphrase the concepts providing in the article.
These are some common problems that students experience on a regular basis while searching for essay help online. These are especially for those students who don’t want to hire essay writers.
So, let’s discuss the solution to these problems.
Solutions for Political Science Students
Not all solutions will work. Some will have a better chance on one student, while some will work as a charm on the other students. These solutions are subjective and can change from student to student. But the core of the matter still remains the same. So, let’s start discussing essay writing guidelines for political science students.
- What is the essay about? This is the first question that you should ask yourself when you start writing about a topic. The core of the matter or the argument that you want in the essay can only be defined once you have clear idea about the topic that is provided to you. To clarify the problem further, ask yourself what type of problem is the write up asking you.
- Most of the time professors want you to dig further. They want you to read the material presented to you in the class. Then reflect on it critically and assess its validity and implications. All these require focus and creative thinking. So, next time when you encounter such an essay topic, spend some time on asking yourself these questions. They will eventually remove the haze from your mind and provide you with a more insightful view.
- Where can I find relevant sources to support my argument? This is the second most common problem the students face and the solution to it is simple. You can find the sources to support your argument from your own course book. In 80 percent cases, the information is available within the course book. But, most students don’t even try to study the topic at hand. They think of essay as a dumping ground. ‘If I throw enough stuff within the essay, the professor will think that I have studied the topic very well. But guess what?! Professors are smarter than us. They can understand within a second if the student has studied the topic or not. If he has written the topic by himself/herself or with the help of an essay writing service.
- Come up with an argument. The best way to write an essay is to make an argument. Take a stance about your approach and ask yourself about the point of view. Don’t simply define what the professor already knows. Instead, fetch an argument that can add twist or crispness within the essay. Academic write-ups don’t need to be dull and boring. They are dull because students make them so. But, if you want to add arguments, make your essay creative, novel, and dramatic. Political science is one subject where student essays can be easily made dramatic.
- Write a Conclusion that Answers the Question. Your essay will have an argument and then an answer to the question that was originally asked by the professor. This is how you end an essay piece. Don’t forget to add relevant facts, figures, concepts, and information that can add more strength to your argument; these things can make the argument even more convincing. Also, structure the essay so that it looks professional and well-toned. Professors sometimes give extra marks just for the layout and structure of the essay.
These are all the crucial essay writing guidelines that every political science student should know and follow to gain more marks in their college and university assignments. If you still need help, you can always hire essay writers to get the job done quick and easy.